Tickets for this event are no longer available.
- 60 mins, no interval Duration* Due to the nature of live music, the duration listed is an estimate only.
- Cello Solo Instrument
- Elder Hall Location
- Matinee Category
What a brilliant celebration of the musical talent working on our doorstep. Here is Simon Cobcroft, whose artistry you’ve enjoyed so often in his capacity as the ASO’s Principal Cellist, joining the Orchestra as soloist in one of the most delicious of all classical concertos, the second of Haydn’s two masterworks for the cello.
Under the direction of Brisbane-born conductor Nathan Aspinall, the concert concludes with a pure distillation of joy, Schumann’s symphony in which, as he explained, “I should like to show how everything to do with spring is coming to life”. A perfect mid-winter treat!
As a condition of entry all persons aged 12 and over will need to show proof of full COVID-19 vaccination or a valid medical exemption to gain entry to this event.
- Patrons will need to show their COVID-19 digital certificate on their smart device (as part of the QR Code check in process) OR provide photo identification with a printed immunisation certificate.
- Those with an official medical exemption will need to show their certificate of exemption
- For the safety of our patrons and players, please do not attend a concert if you feel unwell or have cold or flu-like symptoms.
Program to include
- Haydn Cello Concerto in D
- Schumann Symphony No.1 Spring