Tickets for this event are no longer available.
- 60 mins, no interval Duration* Due to the nature of live music, the duration listed is an estimate only.
- Cello Solo Instrument
- Elder Hall Location
Treat yourself to an after dinner performance and be inspired by contemporary music from across the globe at the Late Evening Concert.
Hilary Kleinig will perform the program’s titular work for solo cello and electroacoustic track by Melbourne composer Lisa Cheney. Accompanying Lisa’s powerful and thought provoking piece will be a work for solo Flute by Kaija Saariaha, the large ensemble work Nosztalgiaim by Finnish composer Lotta Wennäkoski, and Gustave Le Gray, a Chopin-inspired work by young American composer Caroline Shaw. To complete the program, Hilary’s string quartet work Great White Bird will acknowledge the indigenous people of our land and reflect upon the time in Australia before European settlement.
Domestic Voices is one of four events highlighting female composers being held Sat 19 June at Elder Hall. View the full program of events.
Click here to book a day pass for all 4 events. Day passes start from just $68.
As a condition of entry all persons aged 12 and over will need to show proof of full COVID-19 vaccination or a valid medical exemption to gain entry to this event.
- Patrons will need to show their COVID-19 digital certificate on their smart device (as part of the QR Code check in process) OR provide photo identification with a printed immunisation certificate.
- Those with an official medical exemption will need to show their certificate of exemption
- For the safety of our patrons and players, please do not attend a concert if you feel unwell or have cold or flu-like symptoms.
Program to include
- Lisa Cheney When We Speak
- Kaija Saariaho Noa Noa
- Caroline Shaw Gustave Le Gray
- Lotta Wennäkoski Nosztalgiaim
- Hilary Kleinig Great White Bird