Tickets for this event are no longer available.
- 1 hr 30 mins Duration* Due to the nature of live music, the duration listed is an estimate only.
- No Interval
- Voice Solo Instrument
- Festival Theatre Location
- Special Event Category
The world’s greatest directors can make classical texts shine like they were new. One goes further. Romeo Castellucci effectively gives birth to them again as contemporary masterworks.
The colossal imagination of this pioneering writer/director/designer has astonished audiences the world over. His hallucinatory imagery provokes almost visceral responses, and, like music itself, manages to be revelatory and ineffable. When the house lights return it’s like waking from a powerful dream.
Conductor Rory Macdonald brings the production to life with Adelaide Symphony Orchestra and a 36-member chorus alongside Adelaide’s own Australian Dance Theatre. This production features the original Aix-en-Provence cast of internationally acclaimed soloists – Sara Mingardo (alto), Martin Mitterrutzner (tenor), Luca Tittoto (bass), alongside Australia’s rising global star Siobhan Stagg (soprano). Together, they create a deeply moving ritual of life and death, extinction and possibility of rebirth.
Mozart raced the grim reaper to complete the incomparable Requiem that he knew was to be his own. The music will take your breath away. The searing images you will encounter, some universally recognisable, some utterly unearthly, will reach deep into your unconscious. Profound, primal and never to be forgotten.
As a condition of entry all persons aged 12 and over will need to show proof of full COVID-19 vaccination or a valid medical exemption to gain entry to this event.
- Patrons will need to show their COVID-19 digital certificate on their smart device (as part of the QR Code check in process) OR provide photo identification with a printed immunisation certificate.
- Those with an official medical exemption will need to show their certificate of exemption
- For the safety of our patrons and players, please do not attend a concert if you feel unwell or have cold or flu-like symptoms.