Tickets for this event are no longer available.
- 1hr Duration* Due to the nature of live music, the duration listed is an estimate only.
- 20 mins Interval
- Piano Solo Instrument
- Adelaide Town Hall Location
- Mingling Room Category
Ravel’s Mother Goose Suite is like that favourite picture book you couldn’t let go of as a child: disarmingly simple, pleasantly familiar, and beautifully illustrated. The magic deepens with Humperdinck’s Hansel and Gretel Suite, which vividly depicts the stuﬀ of dreams and nightmares: a house of gingerbread, a flight on a witch’s broomstick, and a night spent all alone in the woods.
But even with your imagination in overdrive, you may have difficulty believing what you see and hear next. Rachmaninov’s devilishly difficult Third Piano Concerto is a relentless torrent of ﬁery melodies and ever-shifting harmonies. Pulling this out of the magic box (aka the piano) will be Lauren Zhang, 2018 BBC Young Musician of the Year.
Your concert ticket includes entry to The Mingling Room, a free one hour talk held in the Meeting Hall, located just behind Adelaide Town Hall.
As a condition of entry all persons aged 12 and over will need to show proof of full COVID-19 vaccination or a valid medical exemption to gain entry to this event.
- Patrons will need to show their COVID-19 digital certificate on their smart device (as part of the QR Code check in process) OR provide photo identification with a printed immunisation certificate.
- Those with an official medical exemption will need to show their certificate of exemption
- For the safety of our patrons and players, please do not attend a concert if you feel unwell or have cold or flu-like symptoms.
Program to include
- Ravel Mother Goose Suite
- Humperdinck Hansel and Gretel: Suite
- Rachmaninov Piano Concerto No.3