Tickets for this event are no longer available.
- 1 hr 50 mins Duration* Due to the nature of live music, the duration listed is an estimate only.
- 20 mins Interval
- Piano Solo Instrument
- Adelaide Town Hall Location
- Mingling Room Category
Some people are gifted with a profound inner peace, an assurance that all shall be well, however dark and dreadful the world around them becomes.
During World War II, Ralph Vaughan Williams wrote a symphony of singular calm and solace. Close your eyes and be carried by the slow, steady chords of the heavenly Romanza – here you may rest deeply.
A horn solo, soft but sure, awakens Brahms’ Second Piano Concerto. It’s symphonic in scope, with four movements and a notoriously challenging piano part, but Stephen Hough, with an inner calm of his own, reveals it as an intimate dialogue between soloist and orchestra: “a search for common ground where, as in life, the sun can shine brightest… and warmest.”
Your concert ticket includes entry to The Mingling Room, a free one hour talk held in the Meeting Hall, located just behind Adelaide Town Hall.
As a condition of entry all persons aged 12 and over will need to show proof of full COVID-19 vaccination or a valid medical exemption to gain entry to this event.
- Patrons will need to show their COVID-19 digital certificate on their smart device (as part of the QR Code check in process) OR provide photo identification with a printed immunisation certificate.
- Those with an official medical exemption will need to show their certificate of exemption
- For the safety of our patrons and players, please do not attend a concert if you feel unwell or have cold or flu-like symptoms.
Program to include
- Vaughan Williams Symphony No.5
- Brahms Piano Concerto No.2