Tickets for this event are no longer available.
- 2hrs Duration* Due to the nature of live music, the duration listed is an estimate only.
- 20 mins Interval
- Violin Solo Instrument
- Adelaide Town Hall Location
- Mingling Room Category
Beethoven’s expansive Violin Concerto opens up gradually, a wide landscape into which the soloist steps with all the time in the world. Pinchas Zukerman, a renowned interpreter of this concerto, has made its lightness and assurance his own. Hear this musical panorama navigated with utter freedom, as Zukerman leads the orchestra with nothing but his sweet-toned violin.
The peaceful journey continues with Mahler’s dreamy Fourth Symphony, taking us all the way to Paradise. Three movements of Austrian nostalgia, whimsy and romance are followed by a vision of Heaven as seen through the eyes of a child. The light, clear voice of Emma Matthews sings of a heavenly music beyond compare. Green ﬁelds, blue skies, unending peace…
CODA / Thursday night only: After the concert, ASO Principal Cello Simon Cobcroft and pianist Konstantin Shamray present a short recital reﬂecting on the music of Gustav Mahler.
Your concert ticket includes entry to The Mingling Room, a free one hour talk held in the Meeting Hall, located just behind Adelaide Town Hall.
As a condition of entry all persons aged 12 and over will need to show proof of full COVID-19 vaccination or a valid medical exemption to gain entry to this event.
- Patrons will need to show their COVID-19 digital certificate on their smart device (as part of the QR Code check in process) OR provide photo identification with a printed immunisation certificate.
- Those with an official medical exemption will need to show their certificate of exemption
- For the safety of our patrons and players, please do not attend a concert if you feel unwell or have cold or flu-like symptoms.
Program to include
- Beethoven Violin Concerto
- Mahler Symphony No. 4