Tickets for this event are no longer available.
- 1hr 50 mins Duration* Due to the nature of live music, the duration listed is an estimate only.
- 20 mins Interval
- Piano Solo Instrument
- Adelaide Town Hall Location
- Mingling Room, ReMastered Category
It’s all too easy to be swept off your feet. Ravel’s Piano Concerto in G might just be the coolest concerto going around: jazzy, suave and neat, a product of the Roaring Twenties. And who better to glide through the dreamy waltz of its Adagio than Louis Lortie?
The dance begins when Finnish-Ukranian conductor Dalia Stasevska gives her downbeat and John Adams’ “foxtrot for orchestra” shuffles in with its mesmerising mix of urbane rhythms and nostalgic Hollywood strings. The evening culminates in the Symphonic Dances of Rachmaninov, with the composer’s trademark melodic gifts enriched by the impulse for physical movement. The vigorous steps of its finale, a dance of life and death, will leave us all breathless.
Your concert ticket includes entry to The Mingling Room, a free one hour talk held in the Meeting Hall, located just behind Adelaide Town Hall.
As a condition of entry all persons aged 12 and over will need to show proof of full COVID-19 vaccination or a valid medical exemption to gain entry to this event.
- Patrons will need to show their COVID-19 digital certificate on their smart device (as part of the QR Code check in process) OR provide photo identification with a printed immunisation certificate.
- Those with an official medical exemption will need to show their certificate of exemption
- For the safety of our patrons and players, please do not attend a concert if you feel unwell or have cold or flu-like symptoms.
Program to include
- John Adams The Chairman Dances from Nixon in China
- Ravel Piano Concerto in G
- Rachmaninov Symphonic Dances