Tickets for this event are no longer available.
- 1 hr 45 mins Duration* Due to the nature of live music, the duration listed is an estimate only.
- 20 mins Interval
- Adelaide Town Hall Location
- Matinee, Mingling Room, ReMastered Category
They’re back! Pinchas Zukerman and Amanda Forsyth clearly love Adelaide as much as Adelaide loves them – this time they’re bringing a specially-composed double concerto written to celebrate Zukerman’s 70th Birthday to share with us in a world premiere. Expect a dynamic piece perfectly suited to the expressive personalities of the duo, because Avner Dorman (originally from Israel, like Zukerman) makes a point of composing music for people, not just instruments!
Two soulful songs-without-words from Elgar open the concert, and to complete the evening, Zukerman conducts Tchaikovsky’s triumphant Fifth Symphony. Lean in for the hushed tones of the beginning – this is a tale of fate and passion, told with fervour by a master storyteller. The blazing finale makes it perfect music for a winter’s night.
*World Premiere, co-commissioned by the ASO, Boston Symphony Orchestra and National Arts Centre, Ottawa
Your concert ticket includes entry to The Mingling Room, a free one hour talk held in the Meeting Hall, located just behind Adelaide Town Hall.
As a condition of entry all persons aged 12 and over will need to show proof of full COVID-19 vaccination or a valid medical exemption to gain entry to this event.
- Patrons will need to show their COVID-19 digital certificate on their smart device (as part of the QR Code check in process) OR provide photo identification with a printed immunisation certificate.
- Those with an official medical exemption will need to show their certificate of exemption
- For the safety of our patrons and players, please do not attend a concert if you feel unwell or have cold or flu-like symptoms.
Program to include
- Elgar Chanson de matin
- Elgar Chanson de nuit
- Avner Dorman Double Concerto*
- Tchaikovsky Symphony No.5