Tickets for this event are no longer available.
- 2 hrs Duration* Due to the nature of live music, the duration listed is an estimate only.
- Yes Interval
- Horn Solo Instrument
- Adelaide Town Hall Location
- Mingling Room Category
A fairy-tale feast… with plenty of dessert!
For starters, a charming ‘Fairy Overture’ dished up by the 20-year-old Wagner. Then four friends, principal wind players of the ASO, share the delights of a Sinfonia Concertante attributed (partly because it’s so good) to Mozart. A lively dinner conversation in cheerful company…
Act Two of The Nutcracker takes place in the Kingdom of Sweets, where there are dances in celebration of chocolate, tea and coffee. With favourites such as ‘Waltz of the Flowers’ and ‘Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy’, Tchaikovsky’s memorable score is magic for the ears. If there’s an aural equivalent of a sweet tooth, this is the fix, and it’s the perfect way to leap into December!
Your concert ticket includes entry to The Mingling Room, a free one hour talk held in the Meeting Hall, located just behind Adelaide Town Hall.
As a condition of entry all persons aged 12 and over will need to show proof of full COVID-19 vaccination or a valid medical exemption to gain entry to this event.
- Patrons will need to show their COVID-19 digital certificate on their smart device (as part of the QR Code check in process) OR provide photo identification with a printed immunisation certificate.
- Those with an official medical exemption will need to show their certificate of exemption
- For the safety of our patrons and players, please do not attend a concert if you feel unwell or have cold or flu-like symptoms.
Program to include
- Wagner Die Feen: Overture
- Mozart Sinfonia Concertante
- Tchaikovsky The Nutcracker Act II