Tickets for this event are no longer available.
- 2 hrs Duration* Due to the nature of live music, the duration listed is an estimate only.
- 20 mins Interval
- Violin Solo Instrument
- Adelaide Town Hall Location
- Special Event Category
In light of concerns about the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19), the performances of this concert scheduled for Saturday 14 and Sunday 15 March have been CANCELLED. Ticket buyers are being contacted by email and phone about ticketing arrangements going forwards.
Further information about changes to other ASO events in the coming weeks and months will be communicated to ticket holders directly and updated regularly at the ASO website: www.aso.com.au/coronavirus
A program that matches the scale of the Adelaide Festival.
Commissioned for Anthony Marwood, Thomas Adès’s Violin Concerto Concentric Paths is a glittering gem, full of sparkling virtuosity and breathtaking lyricism. A swirling and ethereal adventure, this music holds your hand through a kaleidoscopic journey which is simultaneously complexly detailed and captivatingly simple.
A kaleidoscope of a diﬀerent kind, Mahler famously believed that a symphony must contain the whole world. His Fifth lives up to it; it is a symphonic tour de force of epic scale. Be drawn into the composer’s universe from the iconic opening trumpet solo; experience inconsolable sorrow as emotional upheaval transforms into an infectious dance and ﬁnal sigh of relief.
As a condition of entry all persons aged 12 and over will need to show proof of full COVID-19 vaccination or a valid medical exemption to gain entry to this event.
- Patrons will need to show their COVID-19 digital certificate on their smart device (as part of the QR Code check in process) OR provide photo identification with a printed immunisation certificate.
- Those with an official medical exemption will need to show their certificate of exemption
- For the safety of our patrons and players, please do not attend a concert if you feel unwell or have cold or flu-like symptoms.
Program to include
- Thomas Adés Concentric Paths
- Mahler Symphony No.5