Tickets for this event are no longer available.
- Approx. 2 hours 10 minutes Duration* Due to the nature of live music, the duration listed is an estimate only.
- 20 minutes Interval
- Festival Theatre Location
It’s the biggest musical party in town!
Get set for a sensational musical celebration, when the ASO and conductor Guy Noble give a favourite tradition a new twist.
Last Night of the Proms 2022 will be a festive finale for our times.
Join us for the stirring anthems you’ve come to expect alongside music by two great women: one Australian, Peggy Glanville-Hicks and, from the UK, Dame Ethel Smyth.
Bring your loved ones, your party spirit and your vocal cords for some magical musical entertainment!
As a condition of entry all persons aged 12 and over will need to show proof of full COVID-19 vaccination or a valid medical exemption to gain entry to this event.
- Patrons will need to show their COVID-19 digital certificate on their smart device (as part of the QR Code check in process) OR provide photo identification with a printed immunisation certificate.
- Those with an official medical exemption will need to show their certificate of exemption
- For the safety of our patrons and players, please do not attend a concert if you feel unwell or have cold or flu-like symptoms.
Program to include
- Walton Orb and Sceptre: Coronation March
- Williams arr. Greaves Fantasia on Greensleeves
- Johann Strauss II Die Fledermaus: Act II – Czardas
- Puccini Gianni Schicchi: O mio babbino caro
- Glanville-Hicks Sinfonia da Pacifica
- Walton, arr. Sargent Henry V: Suite – excerpts
- Smyth Overture to The Wreckers
- Eric Whitacre Lux Aurumque
- Gilbert & Sullivan The Pirates of Penzance: Act I – Poor Wand’ring One
- Wood Fantasia on British Sea Songs
- Parry Jerusalem
- Elgar Pomp & Circumstance March No .1 (Land of Hope and Glory)