Tickets for this event are no longer available.
- 2hrs, including 20min interval Duration* Due to the nature of live music, the duration listed is an estimate only.
- Piano Solo Instrument
- Elder Hall Location
The landscape of the solo piano is rich and vast—and of the many composers who’ve created keyboard music down the centuries, Bach and Chopin stand like twin peaks. In this compelling solo recital, multi-award- winning Australian piano virtuoso Jayson Gillham plays Bach works ranging in scale from the intimate to the epic, culminating in the mighty, uplifting Chaconne. Among the Chopin favourites are the ‘Heroic’ Polonaise, encompassing a world of feeling in just eight minutes, and the matchless poetry of the Fantaisie-Impromptu.
Patrons attending this concert will no longer be required to show proof of double COVID-19 vaccination.
Program to include
- Bach transcr. Petri Sheep May Safely Graze
- Bach transcr. Partita No.1 in B-flat
- Bach transcr. Kempff Siciliano from Flute Sonata No.2
- Bach transcr. Hess Jesu Joy of Man's Desiring
- Bach transcr. Busoni Nun freut euch, lieben Christen g’mein
- Bach transcr. Busoni Chaconne from Partita No.2 in D minor
- Chopin Etude in A-flat No.1 Aeolian Harp
- Chopin Etude in C-sharp minor No.7 Cello
- Chopin Fantaisie-Impromptu in C-sharp minor
- Chopin Three Waltzes
- Chopin Nocturne in E-flat
- Chopin Polonaise in A-flat