Tickets for this event are no longer available.
- 60 mins Duration* Due to the nature of live music, the duration listed is an estimate only.
- Adelaide Town Hall Location
In this exciting concert for secondary schools, Paul Rissmann will guide your students through a musical landscape inspired by the elements, with music by Strauss, Beethoven, Grabowsky, Penderecki and Stravinsky. Using on-screen projection and the full-forces of the ASO, this concert will uncover key musical concepts, highlight excerpts in the scores and include a thrilling performance of each work.
This enriching concert experience will open students’ ears and minds to the exciting possibilities within the orchestra and the sheer power of music.
Suitable: Yr 9-12
Curriculum links: Music, Performing Arts, History
As a condition of entry all persons aged 12 and over will need to show proof of full COVID-19 vaccination or a valid medical exemption to gain entry to this event.
- Patrons will need to show their COVID-19 digital certificate on their smart device (as part of the QR Code check in process) OR provide photo identification with a printed immunisation certificate.
- Those with an official medical exemption will need to show their certificate of exemption
- For the safety of our patrons and players, please do not attend a concert if you feel unwell or have cold or flu-like symptoms.
Program to include
- Strauss Also Sprach Zarathustra
- Beethoven Symphony No.6 'Pastoral' - 1st Movement
- Paul Grabowsky Cythera
- Penderecki Threnody for the Victims of Hiroshima
- Stravinsky Firebird: Suite (excerpts)