Tickets for this event are no longer available.
- Community Category
These free one-hour concerts bring the Adelaide Symphony Orchestra to your local community in a heart-warming program presented by Martin Butler.
In our carefully selected program, the strings and percussion of the ASO will be exploring a wide variety of music from around the globe. We start with the early beginnings of the orchestra and then continue to examine how the modern string section has developed over recent years in film, pop, mariachi, and disco. Come along and discover the influence of George Martin (the ‘5th’ Beatle) on writing for strings; or how high, atmospheric, violin lines influenced disco! You’ll be both delighted and informed by this unexpected program of some well-known and lesser known unusual works!
Presented in partnership with Community Centres SA
Program to include
- Biagio Marini Passacaglia in G minor
- Black Violin arr. Moore Brandenberg
- Whitacre, Orch. Lavender October
- Lennon/McCartney, arr. Moore Come Together
- Isaac Hayes arr. L.Moore Shaft!
- Richard Meyer Guest Soloist
- Chris Thomas Baile de Lila
- Brian Balmages Urban Concerto Grosso