Tickets for this event are no longer available.
- 2hrs, including 20 min interval Duration* Due to the nature of live music, the duration listed is an estimate only.
- 20 mins Interval
- Piano and Voice Solo Instrument
- Festival Theatre Location
- Popular Category
Devotee or novice, take a journey through classical music’s ﬁnest moments with infectious melodies, heart-wrenching harmonies, and breathtaking climaxes.
Be guided through a glittering line up of composers and their greatest work by the inimitable Guy Noble. Lift oﬀ with Strauss’ iconic Also Sprach Zarathustra, imagine the wind in your hair as you ride with Wagner’s Valkyries, and brace yourself for the cannons…
Pianist Konstantin Shamray delivers a suave account of Gershwin’s Rhapsody in Blue and soprano Desiree Frahn a simply heartbreaking O Mio Babbino Caro. This is your chance to hear some of the greatest music ever written, all on one stage.
As a condition of entry all persons aged 12 and over will need to show proof of full COVID-19 vaccination or a valid medical exemption to gain entry to this event.
- Patrons will need to show their COVID-19 digital certificate on their smart device (as part of the QR Code check in process) OR provide photo identification with a printed immunisation certificate.
- Those with an official medical exemption will need to show their certificate of exemption
- For the safety of our patrons and players, please do not attend a concert if you feel unwell or have cold or flu-like symptoms.
Program to include
- Strauss Also Sprach Zarathustra (excerpt)
- Brahms Hungarian Dance No.5
- Puccini O Mio Babbino Caro
- Gershwin Rhapsody in Blue
- Wagner Ride of the Valkyries
- Tchaikovsky 1812 Overture