Tickets for this event are no longer available.
- Adelaide Showground Location
Whether you’ve thrilled to it on a movie soundtrack, or whether its power and energy have persuaded you to buy everything from coffee to beer, a complete performance of Carl Orff’s Carmina burana is always an epic concert event.
Bawdy, irreverent, exciting and offering an unparalleled sense of musical spectacle, Carmina burana is a big, bold celebration of life, love and the pleasures of the flesh and the grape. It’s also one of the most popular works ever created for choir and orchestra. From the mighty opening chorus – O Fortuna – Carmina burana is an unforgettable musical experience.
With more than 200 performers on stage, this sensational Festival event sees the ASO joined by Young Adelaide Voices, the Elder Conservatorium Chorale, Graduate Singers and an outstanding cast of vocal soloists under the direction of Conductor, Benjamin Northey.
The evening will be opened with a performance of renowned Australian composer Peter Sculthorpe’s Earth Cry, a passionate piece which explores the experience of being Australian, and the unique Australian landscape.
Following this, we will present two pieces from our Floods of Fire project. This large scale work saw the ASO come together with community groups, composers and musicians to create these two new pieces through collaborative composition, and we are thrilled to share these world premieres with you before the epic performance of Carmina burana.
VIP packages available for this concert – click here for details
As a condition of entry all persons aged 12 and over will need to show proof of full COVID-19 vaccination or a valid medical exemption to gain entry to this event.
- Patrons will need to show their COVID-19 digital certificate on their smart device (as part of the QR Code check in process) OR provide photo identification with a printed immunisation certificate.
- Those with an official medical exemption will need to show their certificate of exemption
- For the safety of our patrons and players, please do not attend a concert if you feel unwell or have cold or flu-like symptoms.
Program to include
- Orff Carmina burana
- Sculthorpe Earth Cry
- Floods of Fire Project The 2016 Floods
- Floods of Fire Project Bula Yabra Banam