Tickets for this event are no longer available.
- 1 hr 30 mins Duration* Due to the nature of live music, the duration listed is an estimate only.
- 20 mins Interval
- Adelaide Town Hall Location
- Special Event Category
Are you ready for this? One of the biggest revolutions in music history, distilled into nine symphonies, played over two weeks. The ASO’s Principal Guest conductor Mark Wigglesworth leads the ASO in this special immersive experience, a ﬁtting tribute for the 250th anniversary of Beethoven’s birth.
When you hear Beethoven’s symphonies, you are hearing nothing less than the total transformation of an artform. Haydn and Mozart had written symphonies to be listened to and admired; Beethoven wrote symphonies that grabbed hold of you and took you somewhere. Never before had music been so raw and human, so personal and probing. In nine great strides, Beethoven changed a genteel diversion into a dramatic and expressive art, capable of encapsulating the whole of human experience. This is when music grew up.
As a condition of entry all persons aged 12 and over will need to show proof of full COVID-19 vaccination or a valid medical exemption to gain entry to this event.
- Patrons will need to show their COVID-19 digital certificate on their smart device (as part of the QR Code check in process) OR provide photo identification with a printed immunisation certificate.
- Those with an official medical exemption will need to show their certificate of exemption
- For the safety of our patrons and players, please do not attend a concert if you feel unwell or have cold or flu-like symptoms.
Program to include
- Beethoven Symphony No.4
- Beethoven Symphony No.5