Tickets for this event are no longer available.
- 2hrs 55mins, including interval Duration* Due to the nature of live music, the duration listed is an estimate only.
- Festival Theatre Location
- Special Event Category
Benjamin Britten’s musical transformation of Shakespeare’s most loved comedy is something of a miracle: apart from a single short sentence, every word is that of England’s finest poet. His opera is a new masterpiece all of his own: with graceful haunting melodies, iridescent orchestration, and filigree-like vocal textures.
Neil Armfield’s production bears all the hallmarks of his exceptional craft: drawing subtle and truthful comedic performances, letting his fairies rip as real kids and, in the finale, delivering a belly laugh-inducing riot.
As a condition of entry all persons aged 12 and over will need to show proof of full COVID-19 vaccination or a valid medical exemption to gain entry to this event.
- Patrons will need to show their COVID-19 digital certificate on their smart device (as part of the QR Code check in process) OR provide photo identification with a printed immunisation certificate.
- Those with an official medical exemption will need to show their certificate of exemption
- For the safety of our patrons and players, please do not attend a concert if you feel unwell or have cold or flu-like symptoms.